Japan Studies Association is a non‑profit, tax‑exempt national organization that has been working to spread understanding of Japanese culture since 1995. We have members from all across the globe who are bound by a common interest in sharing knowledge of Japanese culture and history.
- To offer a comprehensive Japan studies program intended to provide information and to expand knowledge in the field.
- To maintain professional ties among members.
- To sustain the members' scholarly enthusiasm in the field of Japan Studies.
- To provide mutual assistance for the development and expansion of the members’ undergraduate curriculum.
- To coordinate members' development and extension of local outreach programs.
- To establish a central network and resources center for Japan studies available to JSA members.
- To publish scholarly work pertaining to Japan annually in the JSA Journal.